Holiday Porn Binge
Tips on how not to indulge this holiday
The holiday season is the time of the year when we let out guards down and indulge in many things we might say no to most other times. This time of the year we tend to say ‘why not’ instead of ‘no thanks’. Food and drink are the most common indulgences we allow ourselves, but another unspoken one is pornography.
We tend to indulge in pornography for different reasons, but here are some of the most common:
- Opportunity – Most of us take time off around the holidays and this breaks our normal routines of sleeping and waking. The opportunity presents itself for some late night or mid day sessions with the pornography.
- Need for escape – The holiday season is fast paced and fun-filled. Sometimes we need to take a break from it all and escape into the fantasy world.
- Loneliness – For those who have no significant other or family to be with, the intimacy of pornography is what we turn to, to try and make us feel better.
The worst thing is that it doesn’t make us feel better and alleviate the pain or boredom; pornography only compounds our ill feelings and brings us down. Instead of going on a pornography binge for the holidays, here are a few tips to help you not fall into that trap.
- Keep your normal schedule – Go to bed and wake up close to your regular schedule. Don’t be seduced by late night movies or internet surfing, especially when everyone else has gone to bed. Go to bed when the rest of the family does!
- Unplug from the holiday madness – Get away with your spouse for a quiet lunch. Don’t go to every holiday party you are invited to, causing holiday burn out. Go for a walk in the park and experience the chilly air, wildlife and solitude. Go to church and connect with the true meaning of Christmas.
- Don’t spend the holidays alone – Invite friends or family over. Go volunteer somewhere such as a shelter, ring the Salvation Army bell, or at the local food bank. Get out of the house and go to where people are and you can have human interaction.
- Make sure your internet is guarded by a good accountability software package.
May you have a blessed holiday season filled with true joy, peace and love.